We focus on the resolution of disputes, whether corporate or commercial, being fully aware that our clients generally do not seek to litigate or to arbitrate but to get on with and back to business. We work to fulfill our clients’ expectation that we will develop creative solutions and strategies for negotiation and resolution of disputes, resorting to litigation and arbitration only when required by the circumstances or the personalities involved.
Our litigators have the skills to permit our clients’ businesses to succeed. Our approach is one of creativity first. Skilled in the art of courtroom advocacy, expert in the development of dispute resolution strategy, and possessed of the judgment to know when to negotiate, to litigate, or to recommend alternatives, like mediation and arbitration.
Our experience includes the following industries and practice areas:
- Corporate dispute resolution, corporate governance, shareholder rights, advising all corporate stakeholders and corporations, private and public, including special committees, independent committees, audit committees, investors, shareholders, and others
- Commercial litigation, involving any and all contracts and agreements in a multitude of industries, including oil and gas, chemicals, construction, engineering
- Creditors and Debtors, remedies and defences
- Appellate advocacy
- Administrative law, particularly concerning professional discipline and conduct – lawyers, accountants, actuaries, and engineers
- Real estate
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Securities litigation, advising on investigations and defence