Our lawyers have extensive experience with public markets and the securities laws under which they operate. We regularly advise companies on public offerings, private placements, complex commercial transactions such as take-over bids, amalgamations and arrangements as well as the corporate governance and continuous disclosure requirements with which reporting issuers must comply.
Our business model does not depend on involving multiple layers of lawyers in a transaction so we are able to efficiently and cost-effectively structure and close the small, early rounds of financing. The firm was structured so that early-stage transactions – which are just as complex and significant to their participants as large financings – can be worked on at all stages by the partner.
Transactions that we advise on include the following:
- IPOs including Capital Pool Company offerings
- private placements
- equity and debt financing
- stock exchange listings
- continuous disclosure and compliance with securities laws
- corporate governance and executive compensation
- stock option plans and other equity incentive arrangements
- restructurings and reorganizations
- mergers and acquisitions
- amalgamations and arrangements
- cross border transactions
- structuring investment funds
Our extensive experience helps us provide our clients with the sophisticated and practical advice they need to successfully complete their transactions and navigate the complicated regulations governing their companies.